Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

TODAY'S BARGAINOMICS BIBLE PASSAGE

Take a look at this powerful passage from Psalm 2: “I have consecrated my king Or king on Zion, my holy mountain.’ I will declare the Lord’s decree: He said to me, ‘You are my son; Or me, “You are My son today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance and the ends of the earth your possession” (Psalm 2:6-8, HCSB).

The Son of God was always the heart of God’s plan for man’s redemption. In Genesis 1:26 we read: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” Jesus wasn’t an afterthought as a plan to save man – He was and is God Himself; and the Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – had no beginning and will have no end. The one and only plan God ever had or ever will have to redeem fallen man is in the name of Jesus.


Jesus came to John the Baptist as he was baptizing people in the Jordan River and asked that John also baptize Him. John immediately said, “I need to be baptized by you” (Matthew 3:14), but Jesus insisted: “Allow it for now, because this is the way for us to fulfill all righteousness” (Matthew 3:15).


Then as Jesus came up from the waters of baptism, the Holy Spirit came down and the voice of His Father spoke: “This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him!” (Matthew 3:17). This important event in the earthly life of Jesus is also recorded in Mark 1:11 and in Luke 3:22 and is a clear fulfillment of what was spoken long before in Psalm 2.


We don’t often hear the thunderous voice of God speaking to us, but we do sometimes hear His whisper, don’t we? And we also sense His Holy Spirit leading and guiding and prompting us to live in obedience.


In Romans 8:14 Paul makes this astounding statement: “All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons.” What a revelation! What an unspeakable joy! He goes on to say, “We are God’s children, and if children, also heirs – heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ” (Romans 16b-17a). Brothers and sisters, we have inherited the Kingdom!


Do you live like it? Do you walk in that victory? We have a tremendous inheritance and, with it, a tremendous responsibility to be Jesus to all those around us and to lead others to join us as “co-heirs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment